Welcome to matrime. matrime is modern, simple, easy to use and cost-effective way for finding your life partner.
Member,You or User is the end user accessing the App, its contents or using the Services offered. Member also includes persons such as father, mother, brother, sister, relative or a friend of the prospective bride/ bridegroom.
Services are a collective reference to the matrimony service provided by matrime via the App.
Subscription is the monthly payments that Members needs to pay.
You understand and acknowledge that matrime acts as an "Intermediary" as defined under clause (1) sub-clause (w) of Section 2 of the Information Technology Act, 2000. matrime is a brand owned by matrime India Private Limited which owns, retains and has complete rights in matrime and the App.
matrime acts as a platform to enable any user to register themselves on it (by filling the mandatory fields and optional fields, if any) to voluntarily search for profile(s) from the database of matrime’s already registered Members, for seeking prospective lawful matrimonial alliances for themselves. The profiles in the database of matrime are classified broadly on the basis of language and region for the ease and convenience of its Member. matrime Members are provided with free/paid access for searching profiles from the database of matrime.
Registration and Account Security
You may register as a Member of matrime:
- if you are a woman then 18 years or above and 21 years or above if you are a man;
- If you have applied for divorce, you may register by stating "Awaiting Divorce";
- If you are a resident of any other country, you are legally competent to marry as per the local rules applicable to your country and you shall comply with the Indian laws for marrying a person of Indian Origin;
- If you are a registrant of the prospective bride/bridegroom and has created profile on behalf of them or is accessing the App on behalf of them, it implies that you have taken their consent for their profile creation in matrime and for accessing their account.
We expect that you would complete the online registration process with fairness and honesty in furnishing true, accurate, current, complete information and with providing recent photos of you which will help you to meet your parameters .We expect you to read the relevant column before keying in the details or selecting the option available or uploading the photo. We believe, your contact detail are private and only you can share with only the one you like that is why we do not share your email id and phone number with anyone.
If at any point of time matrime comes to know or is so informed by third party or has reasons to believe that any information provided by you for registration (including photos) or otherwise is found to be untrue, inaccurate, or incomplete, matrime shall have full right to suspend or terminate (without any notice) your matrime membership and forfeit any amount paid by you towards matrime membership fee and refuse to provide matrime service to you thereafter.
Registration of duplicate profiles of the same person is not allowed in matrime App. matrime shall have full right to suspend or terminate (without any notice) such duplicate profile.
You acknowledge and confirm that your registration with matrime and the usage of matrime services is with the bonafide intention of marriage and not otherwise. matrime Membership is restricted strictly to the registered matrime individual member only. Organizations, companies, businesses and/or individuals carrying on similar or competitive business cannot become Members of matrime and nor use the Services or Members data for any commercial purpose, and matrime reserves its right to initiate appropriate legal action for breach of these obligation.
You are responsible for safeguarding the confidentiality of your matrime login credentials such as your user id, password, OTP, etc., and for restricting access to your mobile to prevent unauthorized access to your account. We, as a Company does not ask for password and you are cautioned not to share your password to any person. You agree to accept responsibility for all activities that occur under your account.
Rights and Obligations of matrime
- matrime reproduces your details once you register on our App on "as is as available" basis and also share your profile with other registered Members within the App.
- matrime's obligation is only to provide an interface to its registered Members to search their prospect themselves without any assistance.
- The profile search conducted by any Member and the matches shown thereof are automatically generated by matrime. In the event of a Member changing their partner preference on the App, then the automated system generated prospect results of the App may also undergo corresponding change. We have curated matches that are customised according to your profile. If that is not enough we have full text search. Search for anything and anyone and our cloud based search gets you the matching profiles.
- matrime does not prohibit any matrime member from sending interest to your profile or communicating to you based on their partner preference. But you are at the liberty to deny their interest or proceed further if you are interested.
- matrime cannot guarantee or assume responsibility for any specific results from the use of the data available from the matrime service.
- matrime shall safeguard sensitive user information using security standards, authentication mechanisms, access controls and encryption techniques.
- matrime do not authenticate/endorse any information of any profile and hence you as a user need to verify the credentials and information provided by other users.
Rights and Obligations of Members
- Any information/data required by matrime for using the matrime services shall be provided by the Member, as and when so sought by matrime.
- You are requested to verify the credentials of the prospect, exercise due care and caution regarding their profile information which includes marital status, educational qualifications, financial status, occupation, character, health status, etc. and satisfy yourself before making a choice of your match. matrime shall not be liable for short coming due to any misrepresentations made by any of its Members.
- Members are expected to provide their accurate and latest photograph. Providing old photographs/ photographs of others, inaccurate / false information shall be treated as violation of Terms.
- Members are advised to refrain from (a) entering into any financial transactions with prospects. Members shall not seek financial help or provide financial help from/to the other Members; (b) using abusive language when they communicate with the other Members; (c) being discriminative or using racial comments etc; (d) sharing of confidential and personal data with each other but not limited to sharing of bank details, etc; (e) entering into physical relationship with any prospect before marriage; (f) violating any law for the time being in force; and (g) from mentioning details of other matrimonial services while sending personalized messages.
- Member shall, in case of finalization of his/her/their registrant’s marriage, delete their profile by themselves or intimate matrime for removal/deletion of their profile.
- You shall also not make any payment/transfer any amount to account of any Company employees. All payments shall be made only to matrime account.
- Members are expected to approach the Company to resolve their complaints and grievances and shall not air their grievance/complaints in social media.
You acknowledge that you alone are responsible and liable for the content (mandatory or optional content you provided on our website) and information including the profile details, photograph, Pitches and other content(s) keyed in the relevant field of the App at the time of the creation of the matrime profile or subsequently modified by you and also for all the post and communication (including personalized messages sent by matrime paid members) with other member(s). You hereby represent and warrant that you own all rights, title and interest in your content/information or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to provide the said content/information. However, by submitting the content/information to matrime, you hereby grant matrime a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, publish, communicate to the public, law enforcement agencies, courts, and the matrime's business and services, including without limitation for promoting, communicating to the public and redistributing part or all of the content/information (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
While matrime does not accept any obligation to monitor the content/information in your profile, if the content/information is found not to be in compliance with these Terms, matrime may delete the content/information and/or terminate or suspend your registration. You agree that if the situation warrants matrime may at its sole discretion put restriction on any matrime member to other member's communications.
The Company reserves the right to proceed/initiate appropriate steps under the prevailing law against infringement by violators of the its proprietary rights or for illegally copying, modifying, publishing, transmitting, distributing, performing, displaying, or selling of any such proprietary information including using it for commercial purpose in any manner whatsoever.
Third Party Websites
matrime App may contain links to other websites. matrime may also utilize third party services, advertisements, offers and payment systems. matrime is not responsible for these third-party products, services or their contents. The inclusion of such a link does not imply endorsement of the services or its contents or any association with its operators. matrime is not responsible for the accuracy, copyright compliance, legality, decency, or appropriateness of the content, nor the advertising, products, or other materials on such sites. Under no circumstances shall matrime be held responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any loss or damages caused or alleged to have been caused by use of or reliance on any content, goods, or services available from third parties. Any concerns regarding any third-party website should be directed to its respective site administrator.
matrime reserves the right to terminate your membership or suspend/delete your account at our sole discretion without any notice to you, in case if you seek physical/financial favors from other registered members or have provided incorrect information while account registration;
If we receive any complaint against you and consequently we have suspended/deleted your account, then we shall not be liable to you in any manner whatsoever, including for any loss, costs, expenses, or consequence, if any.
Upon termination/suspension of membership, your right to use or access the App will cease immediately. All provisions of these Terms that by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, disclaimers, and limitations of liability. Termination of your access to and use of the matrime App and Services shall not relieve you of any obligations arising or accruing prior to such termination.
EXCLUSION OF WARRANTIES
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE OFFERING IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK AND THAT THE OFFERING ARE PROVIDED ON "AS IS"BASIS.
IN PARTICULAR, MATRIME SHALL NOT BE HELD RESPONSIBLE FOR: (A) ANY ACT OR OMISSION DONE BY COMPANY/PAYMENT GATEWAY/ALLIANCE PARTNER ETC; (B) ANY UNTRUE OR INCORRECT INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU OR ON YOUR BEHALF; (C) ANY DECISION TAKEN BY YOU OR ON YOUR BEHALF OR ANY CONSEQUENCES THEREOF, BASED ON ANY INFORMATION PROVIDED BY ANY OTHER USER (INCLUDING SUSPENSION/DELETION OF THE PROFILE FROM MATRIME); (D) ANY UNAUTHORIZED OR ILLEGAL ACT DONE BY ANY THIRD PARTY RELATING TO OR CONNECTED WITH ANY INFORMATION SUBMITTED BY YOU OR ON YOUR BEHALF; (E) ANY INCIDENT OF FORCE-MAJEURE OR 'ACT OF GOD'; (F) MATRIME SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE OUTCOME OF DURING ANY INTERACTION IN A MEETING, CALL, SMS, CHAT, EMAIL OR SOCIAL MEDIA POSTS AT ANY POINT OF TIME; (G) ANY ISSUES RELATING TO ANY TECHNICAL MALFUNCTION OF ANY TELECOMMUNICATION NETWORK, SOFTWARE, HARDWARE FAILURES, NETWORK CONGESTION, DENIAL OF SERVICE, FAILURE DUE TO SPAMMING OR ANY COMBINATION OF THE ABOVE.
MATRIME FURTHER EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED OF MARRIAGE OR ALLIANCE BY YOU CHOOSING TO REGISTER ON OUR APP AND USING OUR SERVICES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES SHALL WE OR OUR EMPLOYEES BE LIABLE TO THE MEMBERS OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, DAMAGES RESULTING FROM THE USE OF THE APP/THIRD PARTY WEBSITE.
MATRIME INFORMS YOU THAT THE EXCHANGE OF PROFILE(S) THROUGH OR BY MATRIME SHOULD NOT IN ANY WAY BE CONSTRUED AS A MATRIMONIAL OFFER AND/OR RECOMMENDATION AND / OR ADVICE OR GUARANTEE GIVEN TO THE MEMBER, FROM/ OR BY MATRIME.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED HEREIN, MATRIME'S LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ANY CAUSE WHATSOEVER, AND REGARDLESS OF THE FORM OF THE ACTION, WILL AT ALL TIMES BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT PAID, IF ANY, BY YOU TO MATRIME, FOR ANY SPECIFIC MATRIME PAID PACKAGE, AND NO FURTHER.
MATRIME WILL NOT BE LIABLE IN CASE OF ANY WRONG/IMPROPER MATCH MADE DUE TO UNAVAILABILITY OF PROFILES FROM MATRIME.
By using our services you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold us harmless, our subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, agents, and other partners and employees, fully indemnified and harmless from any loss, damage, liability, claim, or demand, including reasonable attorney's fees, made by any person through improper use of the service provided by us. This defense and indemnification obligation will survive in perpetuity.
Governing Law and Dispute Resolution
The validity, interpretation, construction and performance shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of India, without regard to conflict of laws rules. Venue shall be in a court of competent jurisdiction in Mumbai, and Members expressly consent to jurisdiction in such courts.
Disputes between Members. Members are solely responsible for the communications (through any medium) with prospect or vice versa. matrime has no obligation, to monitor any such disputes arising between the Members, and matrime shall not be party to any such dispute, litigation, etc. matrime is not a broker or the agent of any Member, and matrime does not partake in the exchange of any kind of discussion between the Members and prospects or the results of their discussion.
Arbitration.The Members shall discuss among themselves and resolve any disputes informally. We are interested in attempting to resolve any disputes by amicable and informal means, and we encourage you to contact us before resorting to arbitration. If the dispute is not resolved within 30 (thirty) days from the date of such dispute, then such dispute may only be resolved through an individual arbitration conducted in accordance with the provisions of The Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996, by a Sole Arbitrator. The seat of Arbitration shall be Mumbai, India. We shall appoint the Sole Arbitrator. The arbitration proceedings shall be conducted in the English language
If any provision of these Terms is held invalid, illegal or unenforceable, such provision shall be enforced to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law and the validity, legality and enforceability of the remaining provisions shall not be affected thereby.